- Alqamah related that ‘Abdullah said, “Allah curses women who tattoo and are tattooed, women who pluck their eyebrows, and women who file their teeth to make gaps for beauty, altering Allah’s creation! Why should I not curse those whom the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, cursed when that is in the Book of Allah: ‘So take what the Messenger assigns you, and deny yourselves that which he withholds from you.’ (59:7)” (Al’Bukh ri and Muslim).
- Is it permissible to bleach my eyebrows?
- Yes, there is no proof against it.
- Can I remove the hair above my nose that connects my eyebrows?
- Yes, you can. The eyebrows are the hair that grows above the eyes. The hair above the nose is part of facial hair.
- Plucking the eyebrow is forbidden because Allah curses the woman who does so.
- Hanafi, Abi Dawud: only the eyebrows are not allowed to be removed.
- Shafi‘i, Hanbali, some Hanafi: whole face except mustache and beard is not allowed to be removed.
- Al’Ghaz li: even the beard is not allowed to be removed
- The Hanabilah allowed shaving and trimming the extra hair above eyebrows
- Other scholars said anything that beautifies the eyebrow is not permissible.
- Shaykh Waleed says that when it comes to eyebrows only plucking is impermissible.
- There is also the opinion that if your husband insists upon it, it is permissible to pluck the eyebrows, but it must really mean something to him.
- Can I pluck my eyebrows if this pleases my husband?
- Some of the Shafi‘iyyah, Malikiyyah, Hanabilah allowed it because there is no deception
Complicated A-Z course taught by Sheikh Waleed Basyouni
And youtube sources as posted up.